Obtaining an emergency travel document in Spain

If you have lost or had your passport stolen in Spain, the British Consulate can help you by supplying an emergency travel document.

This document will enable you to travel home to the UK in place of your passport.

You can then apply for a new passport once you are in the UK.

The British Consulate has offices in the following locations in Spain:

  • Alicante
  • Barcelona
  • Ibiza
  • Las Palmas
  • Madrid
  • Malaga
  • Palma de Mallorca
  • Santa Cruz de Tenerife

Applications can be submitted online or over the telephone.

You will be required to visit a Consulate office with the following documentation:

  • A passport photograph
  • Proof of travel plans (flight booking, boarding card etc.)
  • A Police report if your passport has been stolen

Usually it takes 48 hours for you to receive your travel document.

The document will confirm the details of your travel plans. If you alter your plans you will need to obtain a new travel document.

The current fees in Spain for obtaining an emergency travel document are £100.00 or €118.00. Payment can be made online via card or over the telephone.

Further details can be found on the British Consulate website.

We are on Social Media. Follow us on: