GB Abogados provide clients with comprehensive assistance with Spanish probate. If you have lost a family member or close friend, we can help you complete the probate process in Spain.
Probate must be completed in Spain as well as the individual’s home country if either;
- The deceased had assets of any kind in Spain
- The deceased resided in Spain
Our English speaking probate team have many years experience of helping international clients in all manner of circumstances.
You can read some frequently asked questions here.
In the majority of situations Spanish probate can be completed without the beneficiaries having to travel to Spain.
GB Abogados would draft a Power of Attorney for signature. The document would authorise our solicitors to carry out each element involved in Spanish probate.
Each beneficiary needs to have a NIE number. This is a national insurance number for non-Spanish individuals.
The Power of Attorney would also enable us to obtain NIEs on behalf of clients.
Successfully applying for a NIE number as an individual can be a lengthy and difficult process.
GB Abogados’ probate service ensures this is not an issue.
Our Full Spanish Probate Service. The complete probate service includes:
- Advice and explanation on the terms of the will
- Assistance with gathering the relevant documentation
- Obtaining land registry information concerning Spanish property
- Drafting a Power of Attorney in order to avoid the need to travel to Spain
- Help with arranging notary appointment in home country to sign Power of Attorney
- Obtaining NIE certificates for all beneficiaries
- Advice with regards to debts identified in Spain
- Completion and submission of the inheritance tax return to Spanish tax office
- Preparation of probate deed
- Signing probate deed on behalf of beneficiares in front of a notary public in Spain
- Transfer of ownership of property in Spain into beneficiaries name
- Relations with utility companies to obtain a final account
- Closure of bank accounts and transfer of funds as required
- Advice with regards to potential sale of assets including property
- Distribution of funds to beneficiaries
- Advice regarding property ownership in Spain
- UK tel: +44 (0)203 137 1320
- USA tel: +1 646 751 8496
- Email: email@example.com
One of our English speaking probate lawyers will provide advice specific to your circumstances.